FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Virginia Beach, Virginia– The 9th Annual East Coast She Crab Soup Classic, presented by the Culinary Institute of Virginia, College of Culinary Arts of ECPI University, will be held from noon to 2:30 p.m., Saturday, April 8 at 24th Street Park at the oceanfront.
An open competition among 19 participating restaurants, the Classic focuses on one of the region’s most-loved seafood delicacies. The highly identifiable cuisine has been a staple of area menus for decades.
Restaurants serve their individual recipes and compete for People’s Choice Awards, determined by ballots of those attending. Critic’s Choice Awards also are given by a panel of five leading regional cuisine experts.
The East Coast She Crab Soup Classic, presented by ECPI University’s Culinary Institute of Virginia, is limited to 1,500 tickets. Tickets are on sale and are $17.50 plus service charges through all Ticketmaster outlets and the Virginia Beach Visitor Information Center. Tickets are $25 day-of-show, if available. Children 12 and younger who are not sampling and are accompanied by an adult are free. For more information, visit www.BeachStreetUSA.com or call 757.385.SURF.
Dogs and beach chairs are not permitted in the tasting area.
The East Coast She Crab Soup Classic, presented by ECPI University’s Culinary Institute of Virginia, is sponsored by The Oceanfront Inn, BeachStreetUSA, IMGoing and the City of Virginia Beach.
Participating restaurants include (alphabetically):
1. 11th Street Taphouse Bar & Grille
2. Blue Seafood & Spirits
3. Brunch House VB
4. C.P. Shucker’s Café & Raw Bar
5. Calypso Bar & Grill
6. Captain George’s Seafood Restaurant
7. Freemason Abbey Restaurant
8. Irwin’s Pharmacy & Fountain
9. Jumpin’ Shrimp Bar & Grille
10. Lynnhaven Fish House Restaurant
11. Mahi Mah’s Seafood Restaurant & Sushi Saloon
12. McCormick & Schmick’s Seafood & Steaks
13. Murphy’s Irish Pub
14. Passion The Restaurant
15. The Smithfield Inn
16. The Surry Seafood Company
17. Tradewinds Restaurant
18. Tubby’s Tavern
19. Westminister-Canterbury on Chesapeake Bay
***Final lineup of restaurants is subject to change***
Participating Critic’s Choice judges are (alphabetically):
1. Steve Attenwiler – The Virginian-Pilot
2. Judy Cowling – The Virginian-Pilot
3. Lorraine Eaton – The Virginian-Pilot
4. Patrick Evans-Hylton – Virginia Eats & Drinks Magazine
5. David Nicholson – Hampton Roads Food Critic
# # #
Copyright © 2018 Beachevents
BeachStreetUSA.com is the official website for the Beachevents Program for the City of Virginia Beach.