BeachStreetUSA 2016 Audition Information
BeachStreetUSA, the wildly-popular summertime entertainment program along Atlantic Avenue at the Virginia Beach oceanfront, is seeking novelty and musical entertainers for the 2016 season!
Auditions are scheduled for Saturday, February 13 (11:00am-6:00pm), and Sunday, February 14 1 (2:00pm-6:00pm), at the Virginia Beach Convention Center.
BeachStreet USA features live entertainment along the oceanfront during the summer months. Sidewalks and street corners are the stage at BeachStreetUSA. Our musicians and novelty acts perform along Atlantic Avenue, the “Main Street” of the Virginia Beach Resort. From 7:30pm-11:00pm an 8-block corridor of BeachStreetUSA transforms into a magical world of its own that is part circus, outdoor music festival, and family fun zone.
Saturday, February 13, 11:00am-6:00pm
Sunday, February 14, 2:00pm-6:00pm
Virginia Beach Convention Center, Meeting Room 5 (upstairs)
• Please download and complete the application (link BELOW) and bring it with you to the audition. You may also attach resumes, headshots, demo CD’s, etc.
• Please prepare 2 songs. You will play ONE at the audition unless asked to play the second by the audition panel.
• A small sound system with up to 4 mics will be provided in the audition room. Bands should bring their own instruments, amps, etc.
• Novelty acts should prepare to perform non-stop for 5 minutes.
• Please arrive at least 15 minutes early to set up your equipment and to check-in.
• We will be on a tight schedule!
YOU MUST CALL THE BEACHEVENTS OPERATIONS OFFICE AT 757-463-1940 EXTENSION 121 TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT TO AUDITION. Walk-ins will not be accepted.
These are NOT auditions for bands that wish to perform on the stages in oceanfront parks. For more information about playing on an oceanfront stage, you must contact our talent-booking agency, More Music Group (757-463-1940).
To help you make an informed decision about auditioning, please note the following:
• We’re looking for performers who are available during the time frame of Memorial Day weekend through August 30, 2016.
• To be considered for BeachStreetUSA, a musical act MUST be able to fit on the sidewalk within our space constraints. This means that musical acts larger than 3 pieces might not be booked due to the fact that they are too large.
• Musical acts that are accepted for BeachStreetUSA will be responsible for providing their own sound equipment.
• The members of a musical act (or any other type of act involving more than one performer) who audition with us are the members we will be contracting with. It is expected that the original auditioning members ARE INDEED the members that will actually be performing on BeachStreetUSA. Exceptions to this policy will have to be approved in advance in writing by the BeachStreetUSA Program Manager.
• There is a dress code for performers. It will be included in the contract for all performers.
• All performers will be expected to conform to BeachStreetUSA Performer Handbook guidelines.
• All performers will be required to attend an Orientation Meeting in May.
• The audition panel will NOT be discussing salary at auditions. The pay for BeachStreetUSA performers varies from act to act. Variables include: size of the act, number of years of BeachStreetUSA experience, genre of music performed, degree of professionalism, whether it’s a novelty act we really want and need on the street, etc. Salary is negotiated when you are offered a contract with us.
• The number of acts hired for 2016 is dependent upon how many acts we will be retaining from 2015.
Sidewalks and street corners are the stage at BeachStreetUSA. Our musicians and novelty acts perform along Atlantic Avenue, the “Main Street” of the Virginia Beach Resort. From 7:30pm-11:00pm an 8-block corridor of BeachStreetUSA transforms into a magical world of its own that is part circus, outdoor music festival, and family fun zone.
BeachStreetUSA is presented on weekends beginning Memorial Day weekend and transitions into nightly entertainment June 19. The program ends before Labor Day weekend.
Performers from all over the US and Canada join us each year for this paid opportunity to entertain visitors at the Mid-Atlantic’s premier vacation resort!
Copyright © 2016 Beachevents
BeachStreetUSA.com is the official website for the Beachevents Program for the City of Virginia Beach.